The food garden
Do you want to grow things you can eat? There are many common vegetables that you can grow from the parts that we usually put in the rubbish bin. In this blog post, I will tell you how to grow beetroot leaves. It’s very easy!
1. Cut approximately 1.5 cm from the top part of a beetroot; where the leaves grow, not the roots.
2. Put water in a glass, and put the cut part of the beetroot into the water.*
3. Put the glass in a sunny place.
4. Change the water in the glass every few days.
* If you want, you can put soil in a pot, and plant the cut part of the beetroot in the soil. Water the soil every two days.
After a few days, you will see new leaves. After two or three weeks, you can cut the leaves and eat them! For example, you can use them to prepare a delicious salad. The leaves are very nutritious!